JOIN THE TEAM: Business Development and Operations InternTeam PoP August 2nd, 2012
Start Date: Immediate
Direct Supervisor: Chief Operating Officer
Location: New York City, USA
Pencils of Promise is seeking a smart, thorough and dynamic go-getter who is interested in learning the ins and outs of nonprofit management. As Business Development & Operations Intern, you will support the Chief Operating Officer in overseeing PoP’s corporate partnerships, marketing campaigns and overall systems and organization management. Core responsibilities for this part time paid internship include prospective sponsor research, participation in pitch creation, comparative analysis of effective nonprofit campaigns, and research into successful organizational infrastructure and process.
- In pursuit of an Associates or Bachelors Degree
- Strong written and verbal communications skill
- Ability to multi-task and organize a broad swath of responsibilities.
- Ability to take initiative and work effectively independently and as part of a team
- Interested in and knowledgeable about the nonprofit and corporate partnership space
- Creativity and ability to turn a new idea into a proposed plan of action
- Passion for the mission of Pencils of Promise
- Experience with Salesforce a plus.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
- Vet incoming and prospective corporate sponsors:
- Field e-mails and phone calls from interested corporate partners and confidently identify sponsorship potential
- Research sponsors in the areas of international development, global education, and domestic youth empowerment
- Become an expert on effective campaign strategy:
- Help us learn from the best by analyzing the most effective fundraising and advocacy campaigns and distilling key learnings
- Flex your creative muscles by suggesting new campaign ideas for PoP
- Analyze the success of ongoing Pencils of Promise campaigns
- Provide support to the campaigns team as necessary
- Participate in Operations Activities:
- Research organizational structure of leading nonprofits
- Direct outreach to organizations and companies for systems guidance
- Some administrative tasks, as necessary
About Pencils of Promise:
Pencils of Promise is one of the fastest growing nonprofits in the country. Founded with only $25 dollars, in less than three years PoP has broken ground on more than 60 schools in Laos, Nicaragua and Guatemala and delivered more than 2M education hours. Together, we build sustainable schools, partnerships and solutions to enable basic education for underserved children in the developing world. We are proof that a generation empowered will empower the world: one child, one pencil at a time.
About the Office:
We are a very passionate, driven, and fun group of young individuals. We have a unique, energetic office culture that is casual and light, but always focused and committed to working hard in the name of global access to education. This is a fantastic opportunity for those seeking to gain experience in a dynamic startup environment, while working for a cause they believe in.
This position is for 3 days/week and will receive a small stipend.
Submit your cover letter and resume here